2017 SoCal Cup Rules – Elite
SCHEDULE OF MEN’S ELITE SoCal CUP EVENTS:
- Jan 28: Poor College Kids Road Race
- Feb 12: Roger Millikan CT
- Mar 5: CBR CT
- Apr 9: Victorville Road Race
- Apr 15: San Luis Rey RR (State Championship RR)
- Apr 23: LA Circuit Race
- Apr 30: Dana Point CT
- May 28: Barry Wolf CT
- Jun 11: Ladera Ranch CT (State Championship Crit)
- Jul 8: 805 Weekend
- Aug 6: Manhattan Beach CT
SCHEDULE OF WOMEN’S ELITE SoCal CUP EVENTS:
I. SoCal Cup Elite Categories:
- Men Category 1
- Men Category 2
- Men Category 3
- Women Category 1/2/3
II. SoCal Cup Start Times & Race Distances:
- Pro-Men Categories 1-2 events will start between 12:00pm & 1:00pm at most Cup events.
- Category: 1-2 Criteriums will be a minimum of 90 minutes, except on special occasions.
- Women’s Criteriums will be a minimum 50 minutes, except on special occasions.
- Category: 3 Criteriums will be a minimum of 45 minutes, except on special occasions.
- Category: 1-2 Cup road races SHOULD be at least 100km.
- Category: 3 Cup road races SHOULD be at least 60 km.
III. Overall SoCal Cup Leaders Jersey & Prizes (Men Category 1 and 2):
- Leaders jersey for Pro Cat 1-2 will be presented to leader of Cup after or before every event and must be worn at all SoCal-Cup events
- Leader jerseys will be only be presented to Southern California residents.
- Riders must participate in 50% or more of cup events to be eligible for jersey and prizes.
- If category leaders 1 or 2 fail to wear jerseys in events, they forfeit the points from that current event.
- Event prize money will be at least $1,999.00 awarded to the top 15 for category 1-2 events.
IV. Number Series (Men Category 1 and 2):
- Category 1 riders will have separate number series in all SoCal Cup Events 1-99
- Category 2 riders will have separate number series in all SoCal Cup Events 299-200.
- Category 1 & 2 jerseys will be presented to leader of Cup after or before every event. Jerseys must be worn at all SoCal-Cup events.
- Category race leaders 1 and 2 men will receive free race entry with presentation of SoCal Cup leaders jersey at registration.
- The race number 1 will be reserved for category 1 leader.
V. SoCal Cup Points Structure:
Place / Points
10 . +3
(Double points for SoCal-Cup Final (Manhattan Beach))
- Racers will have a two weeks protest period after results are post to SCNCA website. After two weeks overall points are final.
- Continental Professional level riders will be eligible for all cup prizes as long as the are residents of the Southern California/Southern Nevada and list the “SCNCA” as their local association.
- Riders who possess a valid and current USAC-issued license (not just a USAC account) and list “SCNCA” as their local association on the license are eligible for awards (payments, jerseys) within the SoCal Cup.
VIII. Tie Breakers
- In the event of a tie. The winner will be determined first by number of race wins.
- The next determining factor will be the highest placed in the SoCal Cup Final race.
- The last determining factor will be of a tie will be number of race starts.
Please be aware that once results are posted at an event, you have a 15 minute window to protest the results. Once that 15 minute period has elapsed, the results are official and they cannot be changed. The input to the SoCal Cup is based on the official results submitted by the USCF Chief Referee. Requests to change placings and team affiliations will most likely not be made. Changes to correct an error so that it is consistent with the information found on your USAC license will be made. These changes are typically done to correct typos of a rider’s name or USAC club/team. We will also correct any omissions to the SoCal Cup database, as long as that missing data is found in the official results.