2017 SoCal Cup Rules – Juniors
I. Junior SoCal Cup Events:
- Jan 29 – Carlos Soto Memorial
- Feb 12– Roger Millikan Grand Prix
- Apr 2 – CBR Criterium
- Apr 23 – LA Circuit Race
- May 6 – Barrio Logan GP
- May 13-16 – Kern County Junior Stage Race
- May 20 – State Championship ITT (Lake Los Angeles)
- June 4 – State Championship RR (Victorville)
- Other events to be determined, and subject to change.
II. Eligible Junior Categories:
- Junior Men 15-18 Cat 1/2/3/4
- Junior Women 15-18
- Junior Men 13/14
- Junior Men 9-12
- Junior Women 9-14
III. SoCal Cup Points Structure:
|PLACE||POINTS (All but Stage Races)||POINTS (Stage Race GC)|
Racers will have a two weeks protest period after results are posted to SCNCA website. After two weeks, overall points are final.
V. SoCal Cup Overall (Juniors):
|JM 15-18 Cat 1/2/3/4||Awards|
• Awards presentation to be announced at a later date.
- Riders who possess a valid and current USAC-issued license (not just a USAC account) and list “SCNCA” as their local association on the license are eligible for awards (payments, jerseys) within the SoCal Cup.
Please be aware that once results are posted at an event, you have a 15 minute window to protest the results. Once that 15 minute period has elapsed, the results are official and they cannot be changed. The input to the SoCal Cup is based on the official results submitted by the USAC Chief Referee. Requests to change placings and team affiliations will most likely not be made. Changes to correct an error so that it is consistent with the information found on your USAC license will be made. These changes are typically done to correct typos of a rider’s name or USAC club/team. We will also correct any omissions to the SoCal Cup database, as long as that missing data is found in the official results.
VII. Tie Breakers:
- PRIMARY – Most top placements in SoCal Cup events.
- SECONDARY – In the event that a tie still exists, highest placement at the final SoCal Cup event will be the deciding factor
- TERTIARY – In the event that the listed final SoCal cup race does not happen, then number of first, seconds and thirds and the importance of the race will be factored, with the State Championship placings being worth more than other events.